Are you looking to be a part of a team that makes a difference every day? 80% of what a child learns in a typical classroom is through vision and nearly one in three children in some of our most economically and academically challenged school divisions isn’t seeing as well as they should. Conexus works every day to help remove that barrier to success and we are looking to hire for the following positions! To apply, please email your resume and cover letter (cover letter optional) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conexus program staff members must function with flexibility and proficiency across program related tasks and must be able to work in a fast-paced clinic environment while maintaining the highest quality of service. The following outlines basic daily/regular duties related to the optician position. This list is not meant to be exhaustive of all possible job functions and may change or be added to:
- Communicate with school nurse partners in preparation for clinics and/or screenings
- Manage frame inventory and lab order portal
- Transport, set up, break down, and care for clinic equipment
- Manage mobile eye exam services, including: paperwork preparation; patient intake and
flow; selection and fitting of eyeglasses; lab orders; and data entry
- Inspect and dispense eyeglasses
- Support administrative, organizational, and service delivery functions of VisioCheck and other program activities as needed
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Licensed Optician in Virginia
• Attention to detail; outcome-, accuracy-, and quality-oriented
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Ability to multi-task and problem solve
• Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office and Windows
• Ability to learn specialized technology; training will be provided
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision; promptness and dependability are
Local day travel; flexibility required in work hours based around assigned school hours.
Must have a valid VA driver’s license.
Successful credentialing which includes acceptable returned responses on the following: VA
State Police Sex offender and Crimes Against Minors Check; VA Department of Social
Services Child Protective Services Central Registry Check; TB testing; DMV report.
• This is an active position; program staff must be able to be mobile, work at a fast pace
throughout the workday, and handle equipment weighing up to 75 lbs.
• Must maintain a neat and professional appearance; professional conduct is required.
To view the full job description, click HERE.