Are you looking to be a part of a team that makes a difference every day? 80% of what a child learns in a typical classroom is through vision and nearly one in three children in some of our most economically and academically challenged school divisions isn’t seeing as well as they should. Conexus works every day to help remove that barrier to success and we are looking to hire for the following positions! To apply, please email your resume and cover letter (cover letter optional) to email@example.com.
Conexus Program Technicians are our boots on the ground and are trained to provide technology-based vision screenings to students in classrooms across the Commonwealth and process the important follow-up communication to help ensure children are getting the vision care they need.
In addition to providing this very rewarding service and being part of our energetic and passionate team, this position comes with the benefit of a great schedule based on the school calendar: no nights; no weekends; no holidays; paid time off for Christmas and spring break; and at least four paid weeks off in the summer!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct technology-based vision screenings
- Participate in mobile vision programs providing assistance as needed to Conexus opticians and optometrists in a school based setting
- Administrative tasks related to Conexus programs, such as the scheduling and coordination of vision programming; preparing paperwork and equipment for vision programming; processing vision programming results; and managing the vision programming follow up and tracking
- Act as a community and partner liaison/brand ambassador; marketing Conexus’ programs as needed
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent organizational and communication skills; ability to multi-task and problem solve; strong orientation to teamwork
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office, data entry, and Windows. Primary tasks involve work in Excel and uploading results to an online platform; functional knowledge of Excel is required. Must also have the ability to learn new technology and processes.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Position requires regular day travel and occasional overnight stays. All travel expenses are fully covered by Conexus. Flexibility is required in work hours.
- This is an active position; program technicians must be able to be mobile and work at a fast pace throughout the workday.
- Satisfactory responses on the VA State Police Sex Offender and Crimes Against Minors Check; VA Department of Social Services Child Protective Services Central Registry Check; TB testing; DMV report (must have a valid VA driver’s license).
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent combination of training and experience.
Salary reflective of experience; additional bonus opportunities.
Benefits: Paid time off in alignment with the school calendar; health insurance contribution; retirement plan.